It shouldn’t come as a surprise that cats are indeed very magnificent creatures who like to live a life of comfort and luxury. And there’s no better way to help your cat enjoy healthy well-being than buying him or her a good, comfortable bed. Most owners overlook the idea of investing in a separate bed for their cats, but it should be remembered that a cat’s sleeping schedule will not adhere to yours. This is the reason why you need to provide your cat with its place of personal stay. Here is the best cat bed for older cats.
Nowadays, obtaining the best available cat beds can be a bit of a hassle since there are so many options to choose from. Therefore, it’s essential to perform in-depth research about the same and thereby move on to buy the ideal one for you & your cat’s needs.
How To Choose A Flawless and Best Cat Bed for Older Cats?
● The Size
Before you plan to choose a bed for your cat, it should be ensured that you maintain a balance between your cat’s overall size and the space it takes to sleep usually. Try measuring the length of your cat’s body (including the tail) and add some more inches to it to arrive at your recommended size.
● The Shape
The bed that you’ll be choosing should have a simple design that will allow your cat to easily hop-in and hop-out whenever he or she wants. Some beds come with barriers all around the bed while some beds are designed in cave-life format. Choose the one that you feel would suit the best for your cat’s personality.
● The Materials
Ideally, the material should be not only comfortable but also easy to clean as well. Ensure that you go ahead with synthetic fibres like Nylon, which is not only durable but also soft & comfortable. Moreover, the material should also be machine-washable and free of toxic chemicals for your cat’s well-being.
● The Durability
Even though cats do not chew on things like dogs, they still like to use their sharp claws on scratching things. Such is the reason why you need to opt for a material that is durable enough to withstand your cat’s scratching & kneading. Furthermore, the material should also be durable to withstand more than one or two washes.
8 Best Cat Beds For Older Cats
1. Petmate Cat Bed
With the help of this cat bed from Petmate, you can ensure that your cat will sleep comfortably since the sides of the bed are raised, which will help your feline to burrow itself into the bed.
● The diameter of the bed is about 18-inches which is perfect for most young & adult cats.
● It’s quite easy to clean, looks great and will keep your furry friend warm.
● It has raised barriers all around it.
● The product is a bit pricier than its competitors.
Apart from being comfortable to use, the bed can easily be washed with regular detergents. In addition to that, the bed is lightweight, making it easy to carry from one place to another. The materials that are used are suede, chenille and sheepskin.
2. K&H Pet Products Cat Bed
In case you live in a region where there is a relatively colder climate throughout the year, then this heated-up cat bed will aid you in keeping your cat warm and tender.
● The product is not only affordable but also reliable as well.
● The build quality is top-notch and comes with a dual-thermostat feature.
● It can warm up the bed surface about 15 degrees over the room temperature.
● The bed needs to be plugged into an electricity source.
The walls of the bed are made out of soft foam and are thereby equipped with a four-watts rated thermostat that can heat the bed surface to 102 degree Celsius for your cat. It has auto-turn off feature when it’s not in use and utilises electricity as its only source of power.
3. Best Pet Supplies Cat Bed
If your cat loves a bit of solitude and thereby wants to be left alone most of the time, then this cave-like cat bed will help your cat achieve the same.
● The indoors of the tent-like structure has enough space for your cat to move around.
● It’s made out of suede & foam, making it soft and plush.
● Can be safely machine washed.
● The bed can smell awful due to the use of synthetic materials.
One of the best features about this product is that – it’s made out of poly-foam, which is not only durable but also soft-to-touch. It’s comfortable, has excellent looks and comes in a variety of colours. Additionally, it can be machine washed.
4. Best Friends By Sheri Cat Bed
This is one of the best cat beds you can find on the market right now, and it’s mainly because of the overall quality and comfortability.
● It’s soft, comfortable and flexible.
● The bed has enhanced durability and provides better neck support for your cat.
● It’s machine-washable, and the base is made out of waterproof Nylon.
● It continually keeps getting folded.
The bed features high barrier walls that will provide a sense of security to your cat, along with a flexible fabric that is soft & plush. The base of the bed is made from waterproof nylon material, which makes it highly durable against wear & tear. Moreover, it’s machine washable.
5. Furhaven Cat Bed
This cat bed is manufactured out of orthopaedic foam which will help your cat fall asleep quickly. Moreover, it has a lightweight design and a fluffy feel.
● CertiPUR-US certify the bed as being an orthopaedic one.
● It helps in promoting sleep and well-being restoration for your cat.
● It’s machine washable.
● Doesn’t provide a lot of support as it’s supposed to.
In addition to being an orthopaedic bed, it comes with a bed cover that is easy to clean and highly machine washable. The bed is ideal for older cats having any arthritis or joint issues in their bodies. Furthermore, it’s comfortable and looks pretty.
6. MidWest Cat Bed
One of the main reasons why this product is so high on demand is because of its dual purpose design – your cat can not only sleep inside the cube but also on the roof of the cube as well.
● It has a warm, cosy and comfortable aura that your cat will like.
● Comes with 12 months of manufacturer warranty.
● It’s easy to assemble as well as disassemble and is built from soft synthetic fibre.
● It is not recommended for kittens.
Apart from being a beautiful place to rest for your cat, it can serve as an excellent playground for your cat as well. The bed comes with two jingle bells attached on its side which your cat can use to play. Additionally, it’s made from faux suede which adds to its softness.
7. Petfusion Cat Bed
The company Petfusion has been widely known for its high-end & quality pet products, and this is no different. The bed has been built from memory foam providing great comfort and support.
● The bed comes with 2.5-inch thick memory foam.
● It provides excellent comfortability and has a waterproof design.
● It’s also machine washable.
● The bed cover falls apart quickly.
Besides having memory foam, the entire bed is waterproof – making it resistant towards moisture build-up on the surface. The base has a non-skid coating that keeps it in its place and has a classic yet neutral design. Furthermore, it’s safe for your cat.
8. Kitty City Cat Bed
This bed is perfect if you have more than one cat (preferably two) at your home and need a single place of stay for them. One cat can stay inside the cubicle while the other can rest on its roof.
● It has enough space for two cats.
● The design is sturdy and as well as flexible.
● The bed is machine washable and is safe from using dryers.
● The cardboard quality is thinner and can bend sometimes.
Aside from the fact that the bed can house two cats, the material that has been used is made out of polyester, and it has a stable cushioning at its base. The cubicle is comfortable to stay into and can be easily folded for storage purposes. Additionally, it’s easy to clean too.
At the end of the day, it’s tough to predict whether your cat will like his or her new bed. But, what you can do is to choose a bed that is comfortable, easy to clean and at the same time durable as well.
And with the above products mentioned in this article guide, we can assure you that your cat will deeply love its new toy.