There’s no denying that a cat collar camera is simply a new tool to churn out a unique perspective in your videos – in case you’re an avid videographer. For instance, if you have a YouTube channel and want to showcase your cat’s daily life, then the best cat collar camera is the perfect equipment that will help you achieve the same. With the help of a cat collar camera, you can bring a whole different angle into your videos – right from your cat’s viewpoint. Such a concept is not only interesting but also new to most people out there.
To help you find the right cat collar camera for your requirements, we have thereby highlighted eight of the most top-quality products at varying price ranges – so that you’ll have zero hassles when purchasing one for your feline.
How To Choose The Ideal Cat Collar Camera?
Choosing a perfect cat collar camera will comprise of three critical steps, as mentioned below:
● Checking The Collar Quality – It should be remembered that the collar itself should be durable enough and must have the capability to handle the weight of the camera without making your cat feel uncomfortable. When it comes to specific materials for cat collars, nylon is considered to be the best since it’s both soft and durable. Moreover, the overall diameter of the collar should be able to adapt to your cat’s neck.
● Checking The Type Of Camera – When it comes to choosing the right camera for your requirements, the durability of the camera should be at your utmost priority. Apart from that, having a water-resistant or water-proof camera will be highly beneficial as well. Furthermore, the size should be small and lightweight, along with the minimum resolution to be at least 480P.
● Checking The Camera Specifications – The in-depth specifications of the camera also matters, since you’ll be using the video footage to edit and thereby release the same onto various social media platforms. Therefore, the camera should have the ability to not only capture stills but videos as well. Look out for the camera’s storage specs because having higher internal storage or support for microSD cards can aid you in recording longer video footage and more photos. And lastly, the output video and still formats should be universally supported by most editing software.
8 Best Cat Collar Camera
1. Hosecurity Cat Collar Camera
The Hosecurity cat collar camera can be a perfect option for you if you’re exclusively searching for an affordable product. Also, since the product is lightweight, it can be used by smaller cats.
● It’s effortless to operate and has lots of options when it comes to external storage.
● The product is quite affordable, and it has a proper video recording resolution.
● There’s no internal storage and lacks infrared cameras for nighttime visibility.
The device can capture both photos and videos along with maximum support of 8GB external storage via microSD card. The video recording resolution is at 480P, while the images are captured at 1024P resolution. Moreover, it can last about 1.5 hours with a fully charged battery.
2. Dogtek Cat Collar Camera
One of the best things about this product is its ability to be attached easily to your cat’s collar without any hassles. In addition to that, it comes with an autofocus CMOS camera sensor.
● It sports a longer battery life along being water-resistant.
● The product comes with one year of warranty and almost an excellent motion sensor.
● Videos can be recorded quickly in low-light conditions.
● Doesn’t have 1080P recording quality.
The current video recording resolution supported by the device is up to 480P, and it comes with its in-built 4GB storage. The camera sensor can record night time footage up to seven feet, and the battery life of the device will last up to 2.5 hours on a single charge.
3. Nat Geo Cat Collar Camera
Even though this camera cannot be used for recording videos, the photos captured via this device is truly exceptional – which is the main selling point of this camera.
● The device is lightweight and affordable.
● It can shoot up to 480P resolution photos.
● A timer can be set for pictures with the ability to save up to 40 photos.
● Cannot record video and require AAA batteries to be operated.
It should be known that this camera can be latched onto any harness and can be used as a tool to capture a brilliant set of photos. The auto-timer features will help you create a slideshow of your cat’s adventure. Moreover, it’s quite inexpensive too.
4. Puhui Digital Cat Collar Camera
This is another budget-end product that comes with a great set of features as well. The camera is said to be lightweight and compact, thereby making your cat to freely roam around.
● The device is very durable and intuitive to use.
● It’s quite lightweight and has enough storage space.
● The device is compatible with almost all Mac and Windows machines.
● There is no provided microSD card in the product package and needs to be bought separately. Moreover, the device doesn’t work at nighttime.
Apart from being lightweight & compact, the device records videos at 480P resolution. The recorded audio quality turns out crisp, and you’ll have the ability to add in a 32GB microSD card. Furthermore, the device can run up to 1.5 hours on a single charge.
5. Yosoo Cat Collar Camera
If you’re looking out for a simple camera that is capable of capturing stills and videos without much fuss, then this should be your ideal pick with its compact shape & size.
● It’s lightweight and comfortable to be worn by cats.
● The device is compact and comes with a collar in its package.
● The video quality is indeed commendable, and battery backup is quite decent.
● Since there’s no internal storage capacity, a microSD card is required.
When it comes to the weight of the device, it only weighs in 35 grams, which makes it very light. It can record videos in 480P along with 30 frames-per-second, and the recorded video can be transferred via its USB port. A full charge provides 1.5 hours of use along with 32GB microSD card support.
6. Uncle Milton’s Cat Collar Camera
This is another lightweight and compact cat collar camera on the market, which will help you enjoy crystal clear picture quality without much fuss.
● The device has a timer to capture photos in 1, 5 & 15-minute intervals.
● It has an internal memory to save up to 40 photos.
● Photos are taken in 480P resolution and can be used for 4”x6” prints.
● No support for video recording whatsoever.
In addition to the device’s compactness, it has a set timer to capture photos in 480P resolution. You’ll have the ability to capture up to 40 pictures in its internal memory, which can be transferred to your computer via its USB port. Moreover, the photos can be used for 4″x6″ prints.
7. Hanyan Cat Collar Camera
This device is indeed a great tool to have in case you’re planning to keep a tab on what’s happening in the everyday life of your cat and also know more about your cat’s movements.
● It has a USB 2.0 interface for charging and data syncing.
● The camera has water-resistant capabilities.
● It’s small, lightweight, and compact.
● No information provided on the video resolution supported by the device.
It shouldn’t come as a surprise that a device of this size is lightweight, compact, and easy to use – both for you and your feline. It can protect itself from splashes of water and supports a USB 2.0 interface for connectivity and charging.
8. Alpeg Cat Collar Camera
The Alpeg cat collar camera has the functionality to capture not only photos but also videos as well. It can support video resolution up to 480P and pictures up to 1024P.
● The camera supports both photos & videos.
● It comes with a small LCD display along with microSD card support.
● The battery life is around 1.5 hours on a full charge.
● It’s not water-resistant or water-proof.
The camera supports all primary photo and video formats, so you don’t have to worry about compatibility. Furthermore, it comes with an LCD display and a battery life close to almost 1.5 hours. MicroSD card support is up to 32GB, and optional collar belts can be bought in a different set of colors.
With the conclusion of our exhaustive list of cat collar cameras, you can move ahead by purchasing the correct one for your use case scenarios. Each of the products listed here has its merits and demerits, which is why you need to check all of them and thereby choose the ideal one.
Rest assured, you’ll be happy to have discovered this new avenue of keeping your furry friend engaged in playful activities.