Cat’s ears have powerful hearing capabilities. Their ears can hear even the slightest of sounds from a distance. Just like humans, cats need their ears cleaned regularly. The ears are sensitive and more prone to problems that develop during the life of the cat. With the wide range of cat ear products available on the market, it can be difficult to find the right kind of cat ear cleaner that meets the needs. We have compiled together a list of the 10 best cat ear cleaners along with reviews for each of them. Check out this list that will guide your quest for a more effective ear cleaning routine for your cat.
Here are the Best Cat Ear Cleaners
1. Lively Pets Cat Ear Cleaner:
The lively pets cat ear cleaner is well known for its antibacterial, antifungal and antiseptic properties. It comes in a non-transparent bottle with a net weight of about 8 oz. It is not only effective in cleaning your cat’s ears, but also in treating ear infections, scaly ears, itchy ears, and bad ear odors. It is free of alcohol and other harmful chemicals that could cause ear complications
- It contains natural aloe vera extract that deodorizers and soothes cats ears.
- This cat ear cleaner reduces the growth and spread of bacteria and fungi in the ear.
- It helps to relieve painful bug and insect bites in your cat’s ears.
- Pleasant apple kiwi scent that lasts longer
- Safe for daily use.
- Multipurpose and can be used on all-breed cats.
- Less quantity of ear cleaning concentration.
2. Bexley Labs Cat Ear Cleaner:
The Bexley labs cat ear cleaner is effective in treating yeast, fungal and mite infections. It cleans away sticky, wax build-up, inflammation, redness, smelly and dirty cat ears in no time. It is highly recommended in veterinary clinics as a broad spectrum ear cleaning formula for pets. It helps to strengthen their ear tissues and provide for healthy hearing.
- Perfect for cleaning ears after your cat bathes or swims.
- Suitable for daily use.
- Antimicrobial, antibacterial and antifungal.
- Contains the active ingredient to ketoconazole.
- It weighs 13.6 ounces.
- Not suitable for treating skin infections around the ears.
3. Zymox Cat Ear Cleanser:
The Zymox cat ear cleaner is a highly concentrated formula that can claim bioactive enzymes and any other substances that affect your cat’s hearing abilities. It has three powerful ingredients such as lactoperoxidase, lactoferrin, and lysozyme, that cleanses your cat’s ears and protects his skin with long-lasting effects. It is perfect for using on all cat ear types, weather small, narrow or long.
- Non-toxic and free of harmful chemicals.
- Leaves your cat’s ears feeling and smelling fresh.
- It provides all-round cleaning and prevention of ear infections.
- It is easy to use and can be applied directly to your cat’s ears.
- Comes in a 4 ounce bottle.
- Not suitable for use on cats with your drum rupture.
4. Virbac Cat Ear Cleaner:
The Virbac cat ear cleaner is an advanced solution formulated to clean multiple cat ears and those of other pets as well. It is helpful in cleansing, drawing, soothing and maintaining the neutral ph balance of the ears. It comes in an 8-ounce bottle and a pointed tip nozzle that reaches deep into the folds of your cat’s ears for effective cleaning. The strong formula works to remove germs and wax build-up along the outer surface of the year as well as near the ear canal.
- The formula in this cat ear cleaner includes monosaccharides that prevent your inflammation and irritation.
- It limits the extent of microorganism bonding with anti-adhesive properties.
- It is also suitable for use along with other ear preparations and cat products.
- Neutralizes bad ear smells and keeps them fresh and clean.
- The concentration dries up the ear canal, maintaining it moisture free.
- Is not strong enough to treat bacterial and fungal ear infections.
5. Zymox Otic Enzymatic Solution for Cats Ears:
The Zymox otic enables you to clean your cat’s yours with the power of hydrocortisone. It comes in a 4-ounce bottle. With activated and patented enzymes systems. It is safe to use on your cats and is gentle on the skin. In addition to this, the advanced formula can effectively penetrate complex bacterial biofilms and treat the infection at its very core.
- It treats itchy and smelly cats ears.
- Treats ear infections and inflammations after a few uses.
- Soothes and refreshes pet swimmer ears.
- Reduces irritations and redness in the ears.
- Non-toxic solution, no-sting when applying.
Not suitable for use before or after cat ear treatment.
6. Doggie Dailies Ear Cleaner:
The doggie dailies ear cleaner is formulated to offer relief to cats, dogs, and other domestic animals. It comprises naturally extracted ingredients like that of aloe vera, echinacea, witch hazel, tea tree oil, and more that provides complete ear protection. It not only cleanses your cat’s ears but also soothes and offers relief from ear-related ailments.
- Gentle yet effective ear cleansing formula.
- It breaks down hardened and accumulated ear wax buildup.
- The solution reduces strong smelly cat ear odour.
- Perfect for routine ear cleaning after your cat’s baths.
- It comes in an 8-ounce bottle with a pointed tip for convenient application.
It does not work on cat ear mites.
7. Pet MD Otic Clean Ear Cleaner:
This is a unique ear cleansing formula as it uses the combined effect of lactic acid, salicylic acid and deionized water. It fights against the toughest and stubborn ear infection, and wax build-up. When used daily, it fights against germs. It cleanses the external and inner ear canal, maintains it moisture free. The pet MD otic cat ear cleaner creates an acidic environment that prevents fungi, yeast and bacteria from thriving.
- Soothes and enriches your cat’s ear with aloe vera.
- Deodorizer, acidifier, and cleanser all in one bottle.
- Sweet pea fragrance that calms and relaxes your cat as you apply it.
- Effective with immediate results on the very first use.
- Not suitable for treating ear mites.
- Not recommended for use during secondary ear infections.
8. Vet solutions Vetoquinol Cat Ear Cleaner:
This ear cleaning solution that comes in a 16 ounces bottle does a thorough cleansing. It cleans, dries and deodorizes your cat’s ears in no time. The active ingredients in this solution include benzoic acid, lactic acid, sd alcohol, and salicylic acid. The solution comes with a fragrant base of aloe vera gel. It is a must-have product in your cats grooming kit.
- The aloe vera ingredient makes it gentle and soothing for application in your cat’s ears.
- Effective in penetrating thick ear wax and maintaining them free of diseases.
- Affordable and ready for use.
- Cats with long deeper ears need multiple applications.
9. Virbac Otomite Plus Ear Cleaner:
The Virbac Otomite plus ear cleaner is a one of a kind solution. The formula is made up of plant-based, non-synthetic pyrethrins. This makes it highly effective in the prevention of mite infestation in your cat’s ears. The attack on germs and insects is seamless and immediate without causing any harm to your cat or his hearing abilities. The olive oil base soothes and suffocates insects that tend to creep inside while your cat is asleep.
- Lightweight and portable to carry along in your handbag for application in your cat’s ears whenever needed.
- It does not irritate and sensitize the affected area.
- Safe to use on broken or wounded skin areas.
- Penetrates the stratum corneum and ear sebum.
- It can be used on cats of all sizes and age groups.
- Concerns of it being too strong on inflamed ear infested skin.
10. Naturpet Ear Drop Cleansers:
The Naturpet ear drop cleanser solution contains a blend of 7 natural ingredients within an olive oil base. This accomplishes more than just simple cleaning of cat ears. The echinacea compound boosts your cat’s immune system and helps to fight against microbes in the ear. Skullcap detoxifies and works as an analgesic and astringent. The lobelia component is anti-inflammatory and analgesic.
- The natural ingredients present in this ear cleaner does not cause harm to your cat.
- GMP certified.
- Lightweight at 1.4 ounces.
- Antiviral, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory analgesic, and antibacterial.
- It does not penetrate easily through complex yeast films.
Now that you have the list of cat ear cleaner solutions at your fingertips, routine cleansing is less overwhelming. With a cat ear cleaner handy in your cats grooming kit, you need not worry about any harmful insect bites, bacterial or fungal infections and yeast infestations. Get your kitty a solution that provides all-round protection to his ears and keep it clean and healthy always.