10 Best Cat Food Mats
- Posted by - Editor
- On -
Cats love to eat, no matter what time of the day it may be. It’s their eating habits that you need to look out for as it can wreak havoc on your floors and precious belongings. Some cats prefer taking out their food from the bowl and eating it on the floor. Others love to play and slurp up the water, spilling it all around. It can be tiring cleaning up after each of their meals, especially if you have multiple cats at home. This is when cat food mats can come in handy. It can create orderly eating habits in your cats, and it will be easier for you to clean the food spillages in case they do. Here are some of the 10 best cat food mats along with the pros and cons of each.
Here are The Best Cat Food Mat
1. Pet Fusion Cat Food Mat:
The Pet Fusion cat food mat is designed to serve multiple purposes and all-breed cats. They come in several different sizes that meet the needs of cats of all age groups. It is made up of superior quality FDA grade silicone material. The dimensions of this cat food mat are 18 inches in length and 12 inches and breadth. The Pet fusion cat food mat features slightly raised edges that prevent the spillage of food and water on to the floor.
- Soft and reliable mats for your cat to eat comfortably.
- The flexibility of the material enables you to clean it easily under free-flowing water.
- It is resistant to stains, dirt, and grime and can be cleaned with a wet cloth or paper towel.
- It is dishwasher safe.
- Durable and long-lasting.
- It doesn’t change shape or quality even after repeated use.
- Features anti-slip bumps on both the surfaces, and this prevents accidental skids across the floor.
- Scratches and worn out marks begin to show on the surface after repeated use.
2. Cat Guru Food Mat:
The cat guru food mat is made up of premium quality 100% food-grade FDA silicon material. It is suitable for use by both small, large size cats, tomcats, and senior cats. The edges of this food mat are raised 0.6 inches higher than the others on the market. This makes it suitable for those cats with messy and playful eating habits. The colors of these mats can also be matched with those of your cat’s food bowl.
- The cat guru food mat can be rolled up and stored for carrying along during travels and picnics.
- Easy to wash and clean up under a tap.
- The optimal shape of this food mat enables your cat to reach his food bowl from any side.
- The material used is free of allergens, toxins, PVC, and BPA.
- It is waterproof and dries quickly after washing.
- The cat guru food mat cannot accommodate two or multiple cabs at one time.
3. Designster Cat Food Mat:
This cat food mat is uniquely designed in the shape of clouds. It gives a stylish, artistic, and cool look with your cat eating from the bowls. It is available in different color tones to match and use. The designster cat food mat is lightweight at just 198 grams. It features a raised outer border that keeps the spilled food particles within the mat. It is eco-friendly, safe for your cat, non-toxic and BPA free.
- This cat food mat is microwavable along with food bowls. It can withstand temperature ranges of 40 to 230 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Suitable for use not just by cats but by other household pets as well.
- Easy to clean and maintain.
- It is waterproof and prevents water and liquids from soaking through and damaging your carpet for flooring.
- It can be folded and stored away when not in use.
- Portable and easy to carry along wherever you may go.
- Concerns of the food mat breaking along the edges from overuse.
4. Easyology Cat Food Mat:
The Easyology cat food mat has a sturdy and strong construction. It can accommodate 2 or more food bowls at a single time. It means that you can feed multiple cats at the same time on this food mat. It is made up of thick premium quality long-lasting polypropylene plastic material that holds food spillages. It is safe, non-toxic, and comfortable for your cat to feed.
- Features a non-skid base that holds the food firmly in place.
- Noise-free, and it doesn’t scare away your cats.
- It looks inviting and welcoming to your cats, enabling them to approach their food.
- Ready to use at any time.
- Your cat can reach his food on the mat easily from all angles.
- Appears classy and stylish.
- The food mat is not flexible.
- It cannot be folded for storing away.
5. Reopet Cat Food Mat:
The Reopet cat food mat is another good pick for its affordability and unique features that cannot be found in others. This cat food mat satisfies FDA standards and is safe for use by cats. The premium quality silicone material used on this mat is waterproof. It is meant to provide all-round protection from water and liquid spills and leaks. Cleaning and maintenance is a breeze, and it offers value for the money paid.
- The Reopet cat food mat is lightweight at just 9.1 ounces.
- Can use water directly on the mat to wash it.
- It is durable and long-lasting due to the high-grade silicone.
- Concerns over the mat being too thin and unable to withstand heat.
6. Shunai Cat Food Mat:
The Shunai cat food mat is one of a kind with its deep thick grooves that traps litter and meal leftovers. It is uniquely designed with kitties paws at the four corners. It comes with anti-slip and water-resistant backs.
- It is made up of soft, durable, and long-lasting PVC.
- Soothing and comfortable under your cat’s paws.
- It can also be used as a cat litter mat.
- It can be vacuum cleaned, shaken off, or washed with water.
- Takes longer to wash away the leftovers that get stuck on the grooves.
7. Loving Pets Cat Food Mat:
The loving pets cat food mat is a smart way to trick your cat into eating and to keep the flooring mess-free. Its fish-shaped design blends with your home and creates an enchanted look. It is made up of strong and hard plastic that does not break easily through the years.
- This cat food mat can accommodate up to 2 small bowls.
- It comes in two colors – aqua and tan.
- Suitable for both indoor and outdoor use.
- Anti-skid, free of noises, and prevents floor damage.
- This cat food mat is available only in a single size.
8. Van Ness Cat Food Mat:
The Van Ness cat food mat is made up of smooth and pliable rubber. The mat has a cat design imprinted on its surface. The rigged lip runs across the edges. The center of the mat is wide and spacious at 10″ x 15″ to hold your cat’s bowl. It is lightweight at 7.2 ounces.
- Easy to wipe clean and wash under a tap.
- It is BPA free, pet friendly, kid-friendly, and approved for food contact.
- It is not dishwasher safe.
- It cannot hold large spillages.
9. Cavalier Pets Food Mat:
The cavalier food mat is large and spacious enough to accommodate multiple feeding bowls at a single time. With this food mat anti-skid base, your cats have a better grip while eating their food. It can also be used as a cat litter mat.
- Better scatter and spillage control.
- Resistant to water.
- Cleaning and maintenance are simple and effortless.
- Variety, versatility, and serves multiple purposes.
- Modern designs and stylish colors.
- Not suitable for large and senior cats.
- Limited color options.
10. Cayman Pets Food Mat:
The Cayman pets food mat comes in 3 different designs. It blends well with your home or your kitty’s carrier. It can be used not only as your cat’s food mat but also as the litter mat and doormat for the entrance.
- The premium waterproof wiry trappings prevent food from falling on the floor and absorbs the water spillages.
- The water and slip-resistant back prevents water from seeping into the floor.
- Soft and gentle on your cat’s highly sensitive paws.
- It can be easily cleaned only with the help of a vacuum cleaner.
Though you cannot make changes to your kitties eating styles, you can do your best to protect your floors. Invest in a good and handy collection of cat food mats that can accommodate both your cat’s food and water bowls. It can save a lot of time and frustration in having to clean up the mess each time your cat playfully throws his food around.