6 Best Cat Litter Box for Multiple Cats – Review & Buying Guide!
- Posted by - Editor
- On -
Who doesn’t love a clean & hygienic home? As a cat parent you would want the best things for your cats. A clean home without litter ensures that your feline friends are not only hygienic but healthy as well. The problem surmounts when you have multiple cats.
To make sure that the cat litter is organized and your lovely feline is all clean & hygienic, you would want to choose the best cat litter box for multiple cats. It may be tricky to understand what will work best as you would need to determine multiple factors before making your buying decision. Here, we are bringing you the best reviews along with a buying guide on choosing the best cat litter box for multiple cats.
Top 6 best cat Litter boxes for multiple cats – Reviews
Our team has been able to do thorough research on getting you a list of the best cat litter boxes for multiple cats available in the market. The list will give you the characteristics, advantages & disadvantages in making the right buying choice and select the best and most comfortable litter box for your cat.
1. Catit Litter Box for cats
This litter box from the stable of Catit is a Jumbo hooded litter box that can easily accommodate multiple cats. Coming in the dimensions of 22.4″L x 18.3″H x 17″W, it accommodates even the large cats leaving that little extra space that can help your feline enjoy their personal space without worrying about any cleanliness.
- Jumbo hooded size ensures space for multiple as well as large cats
- Customizable as both door and hood can be removed to make your cat comfortable
- Easy to clean
- Presence of carbon filters help remove odor
- Cats may scratch and rip the carbon filter present to control odor.
2. Nature’s Miracle Cat Litter Box
The simple design of this litter box makes it to our list of best cat litter boxes for multiple cats. Nature’s miracle cat litter box is simple yet effective due to its high sides that make sure that the litter is not scattered. The box comes in various sizes to accommodate multiple cats & kittens.
- Simple yet effective design helps litter free home
- The design is breathable and allows air to pass controlling the moisture
- Comes in multiple sizes to ensure no one size fits all
- Easy to clean
- There is no odor regulator so it cannot be kept in the room
3. Petsafe self-cleaning Cat Litter Box
Petsafe cat litter boxes are automatic and ensure that you never have to go through the mess of cleaning the box. One of the best partners in hygiene, you just have to remove the disposable tray every 2 weeks instead of scooping the litter every day and it’s clean. The silica crystal litter formula helps in removing odor keeping your cat fresh & healthy.
- No need to scoop litter everyday, disposable trays can be replaced every 2 weeks.
- Silica crystal helps keep the box odor-free much stronger.
- Due to plastic lining, the tray does not leak
- Automatic, saves you a lot of time & effort without leaving a mess
- Turns out to be expensive as you need to change the disposable trays every few weeks.
4. Iris Cat Litter Box with Top Entry
In case your cat loves to make a lot of mess, this one is apt to buy. The top entry ensures to clean your cat’s paws in the best possible manner. This is one of the best-designed litter boxes for your cat as the sleek design and top entry helps keep dogs at bay. The scoop that comes along with it, helps you clean the same in no time.
- Easy to clean
- Due to its sleek design with high sides, keeps dogs aside
- The top entry ensures the paws of your cat are clean
- Helps in containing the odor within
- May not be possible to clear litter completely due to its design
5. Petmate Booda Dome Cat Litter Box
Petmate Booda dome is best for families with limited space. The litter box comes in a dome shape and the lid closes from all sides keeping the cat safe and ensures its privacy. The charcoal filters help contain the odor and keep your cat fresh all the time.
- Gives all the safety & privacy due to its dome-shaped design
- Charcoal filters help keep the litter box odor-free
- Cats love it due to its stepping design
- May not be suitable for big cats
6. CatGenie Cat Litter Box
One of the best cat litter box for multiple cats that we have included in our list is from CatGenie. The cat litter boxes are automatic and self cleans, i.e., you need not worry about cleaning them every now & then. The litter box self flushes once you connect it with a water source and the litter simply drains into your toilet leading to hands-free effective cleaning.
- The litter is cleaned and flushed automatically.
- It is one of its kind hands-free litter box leaving you mess-free
- The disposed of litter is actually recycled making it eco friendly
- It is a bit heavier as well as expensive.
Buyers Guide on best Cat Litter Box for Multiple cats
Even after going through the reviews, you may have certain apprehensions on what works best for your cat. Since every cat is unique, so should be their litter box. As you would have seen, every cat needs a different kind of home, as some litter boxes come with automatic mode and at the same time some are suitable for large cats.
In your search to identify the best cat litter box for multiple cats there are multiple parameters which we will discuss here to help you make the right buying decision.
The size of the cat litter box is the very first parameter you need to look at as it is completely based on the cat you have at home. In case you have multiple cats who want to get along, you may need a large box. However at the same time, you may have a large cat who needs its own space. Make your choice according to the preference of your cat.
You may need to see how much odor your cat reflects while using a litter box. Accordingly you may choose the kind of filters different cat litter boxes use to contain odor. In certain cases a specific filter may be best, however it may be really difficult for your cat to adjust to the same. At the same time, certain filters may need replacement every week, as compared to some that may work for weeks at one go.
The typical height of five to seven inches works best for most of the cats. However in case you have large cats, you may need to decide on this factor hugely. At the same time, in case you have a dog along with a cat, you may want to ensure your cat’s safety and accordingly choose the best cat litter box for multiple cats.
With the abundance of cat litter boxes available, you may want to choose the litter box with the most suitable design. As we have explained, there are litter boxes that come with self-cleaning mechanisms and at the same time some are liked by cats due to their stepping or cozy design. Choose the one keeping in mind how effective it will be for your cat and easy for you to clean on a regular basis.
I’m sure through this post you would have learned a lot about various best cat litter box for multiple cats and the key features to look for. Just ensure the one you choose can be easily managed on a daily basis sparing you time to play with your furball.
If you have any further queries, please leave a comment below and we will be glad to